NOTE: This Updated Edition is in the warehouse now and ready to ship.
Best Commercial Lease Clauses, 15/e | 760 pages | Softcover | Digital Chapter Downloads | 150+ Editable Model Tools in Word
Described as a wellspring of vital information for professionals seriously engaged in commercial leasing, Best Commercial Lease Clauses helps you structure safe and effective leases for a range of commercial tenants.
Helping you draft “smarter” leases and minimize landlord-tenant disputes, Best Commercial Lease Clauses is filled with input from numerous leading professionals across the country, including top leasing attorneys and real estate professionals, who provide their shrewd insights and astute, field-tested judgment—all in plain-English terminology.
You’ll find a wealth of authoritative guidance—including concrete suggestions on how to plug dangerous loopholes, stay within the legal boundaries, and prevent trouble before it begins. This is an easy-to-use, one-volume resource that contains more than 150 Model Lease Clauses and other Model Tools, Practical Pointers, and Examples.
BONUS: Your purchase includes access to digital downloads of every chapter as well as 150 fully customizable Model Tools in Word, including model lease clauses, agreements, and notices—saving you hours of time and effort
What's New in This Edition.
The following chapters have been updated as follows:
- Chapter 5, “Attorneys’ Fees,” shows you how to plug loopholes in “prevailing party” clauses.
- Chapter 18, “Dispute Resolution,” explains how to use “baseball arbitration” to resolve renewal rent disputes.
- Chapter 23, “Expansion & Contraction Options,” gives you 10 protections when giving tenants a right of first offer, and explains how to draft a lease amendment letting a tenant contract its space.
- Chapter 26, “Guaranty,” shows you how to make the tenant pay extra security if its guarantor has financial problems.
- Chapter 27, “Holdover,” shows you how to limit holdover rent cuts to short holdovers.
- Chapter 29, “Lease Signature,” advises you on how to make sure a partnership or corporation has the authority to sign the lease.
- Chapter 47, “Rent Payment,” tells you how to avoid waiving the right to evict by accepting late or partial rent.
- Chapter 52, “Signage,” gives you five lease protections when listing the tenant’s name in exterior signs.
- Chapter 53, “Special Agreements,” explains how to negotiate and structure a lease buy-out, as well as how to structure a workout with tenants in default.
- Chapter 54, “Specialty Leasing Issues,” gives you a three-phase strategy for leasing to pop-up tenants.
- Chapter 55, “Sublet/Assignment,” shows you how to set 11 conditions for consenting to shopping center assignments and sublets.
- Chapter 57, “Termination,” explains how to limit a retail tenant’s right to terminate when the anchor departs.
1: Abandonment; 2: Access to Premises; 3: ADA & Liability; 4: Alterations; 5: Attorneys’ Fees; 6: Audits; 7: Bankruptcy; 8: Buildouts; 9: Commencement of Lease; 10: Concessions; 11: Condemnation; 12: Consent; 13: Continuous Operation; 14: Cotenancy; 15: Damage & Destruction; 16: Default; 17: Description of Premises; 18: Dispute Resolution; 19: Electricity; 20: Environmental Issues; 21: Estoppel/Lender Agreements; 22: Exclusives; 23: Expansion & Contraction; 24: Exterior Appearance; 25: Force Majeure; 26: Guaranty; 27: Holdover; 28: Insurance; 29: Lease Signature; 30: Letter of Credit; 31: Letter of Intent; 32: Liens; 33: Limitations on Liability; 34: Memorandum of Lease; 35: Notice; 36: Operating Expenses; 37: Parking; 38: Percentage Rent; 39: Pre-Lease Agreement; 40: Radius Restriction; 41: Recapture; 42: Refusal Right; 43: Relocation of Tenant; 44: Renewal of Lease; 45: Renovation; 46: Rent Escalation; 47: Rent Payment; 48: Rent Reduction/Deferral; 49: Safety & Security; 50: Security Deposit; 51: Self-Help Right; 52: Signage; 53: Special Agreements; 54: Specialty Leasing Issues; 55: Sublet/Assignment; 56: Taxes; 57: Termination; 58: Use; 59: Work Letters
Prefer to order by phone? Call (800) 519-3692.
Please read these Terms of Service as they pertain to your purchase:
Your access to and use of these files are conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these terms. These terms apply to purchasers of this service. By purchasing this product, you provide The Carol Group dba The Habitat Group with an individual email address for an authorized user. Authorized users are single individuals ONLY and do not include any other employees or colleagues of the purchaser.
Purchaser acknowledges that the link provided within this email contains valuable intellectual property owned by, proprietary to, and copyrighted by The Carol Group dba The Habitat Group. Purchaser agrees that it will not (electronically or otherwise) permit any copying or dissemination of this link. Individual chapters accessed via the link are approved to disseminate to employees within your organization only. Purchaser agrees that unauthorized copying or dissemination of access to the full Publication via the link provided will cause great harm to The Habitat Group and will be subject to statutory financial penalties per copyright violation as permitted by copyright law and may be subject to additional penalties under contract law. Purchaser agrees to cooperate fully with The Habitat Group to protect The Habitat Group’s rights in the publication.